How many times in the last 10 years have we heard how hard it is for smart, successful woman to find the right guy?
Every major TV network has done stories where they featured a panel of five or six beautiful, financially independent, career-focused women in their 30‘s who were upset and confused about being single. There are talk shows that dedicate at least one episode every week to exposing the problems alpha females face when it comes to dating. If you Google “successful women dating issues”, you’ll get over 300,000,000 results. Almost all of these posts drone on about why men like me and my brothers “don’t like strong, beautiful women.”
Somebody lied. I do think a lot of men are subconsciously intimidated by a woman who seems to have it going on. But, that is more of a confidence and insecurity issue than a "we don’t like these women issue."
I know, for a fact, that good men absolutely love smart, successful, beautiful women. How can I be so sure? Well, I am married to one. I was raised by one. Most of my friends are also married to or in relationships with dynamic women who hold it down.
While the rest of the media world is talking that nonsense, I’m gonna go left on this topic. Here are 7 reasons why we love women that handle their business.
1. We love to be motivated. When we see our lady making things happen, it sparks the motivational fire in us to build something great. We can look to them as examples of what is possible when we apply ourselves. Nobody has it harder when it comes to advancing in Western society than women, especially those of color. I, for one, am inspired when I see women beat the odds and achieve their dreams.
2. We love intellectual stimulation. A well-educated, well-traveled woman will be able to talk about more than whether Beyonce’s “Lemonade” is really about Jay-Z. Even if the discussion is about Queen Bey, we can explore the nuances of her performance and its impact on culture. We can discuss why a piece of art mesmerizes us, the level of dryness of our favorite wine, and the best independent films we’ve ever seen (City of God!!!)
3. We love to be challenged. A woman that challenges us without being argumentative is one who makes us think. She can tell us something about our shortcomings in such a way that doesn’t emasculate us. As men, we need to keep our egos fed just enough so that we don’t get fat and lazy in our thinking.
4. We love our space. A smart, successful woman has enough going on that she doesn’t need to be up under us all the time. We are not her sole reason for living. She has a life away from us full of friends, hobbies, and ambitions that keeps her busy. It's less likely that she'll trip over a weekend golfing trip with my buddies. A woman with a life of her own is sexy.
5. We love diversity. A worldly woman that has been exposed to different people and cultures can put us on to something new. This shakes us out of our everyday routine and brings us a fresh paradigm. Yes I love a greasy fried fish spot in the hood, but I can appreciate that amazing dim sum place tucked away in an alley in Chinatown.
6. We love to show off. There is nothing better than having a fly, smart chick on your arm when you attend a business function. She immediately increases your value in the eyes of your colleagues. When you can walk away and leave her amongst your peers or clients and you know she won’t embarrass you, you’ve got a winner.
7. We love to be supported. Every man needs a woman he can count on. Whether you in career transition or you're looking for a donor for your non-profit, she’ll have your back. Successful women tend to be plugged into a strong network. This is invaluable for entrepreneurial go-getters like me.
To all the amazing women who read this, just know that you are appreciated. I see you and I know that you long for a good relationship-ready guy. If you want help in the love and dating arena, I’m here to help you.
Click here to schedule an appointment with me and learn how I can support you in attracting the right man.